The role of the instructor is to provide quality instructions to students. The responsibilities include: obtaining parents signature for SLP before tutoring begins; leading tutoring sessions with students using the prescribed curriculum, providing students with appropriate support and guidance, engaging students the learning process, reporting attendance electronically within twenty four hours of tutoring sessions, maintaining monthly students attendance sheet, completing and submitting students progress reports monthly, disseminating snacks, reporting problems or concerns to the District Supervisor, being on time to all tutoring sessions reporting absences and requesting a substitute instructor in a timely manner. The Lead Instructor supports the District Supervisor by collecting required paper work and communicating with parents relating to student progress and attendance.
- 60 credit hours or above; Bachelor’s degree, education majors preferred.
- Experience working with children in an educational environment; formal teaching experience highly desired
- Ability to keep students engaged and excited about learning
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work effectively with parents as well as students
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Timely, reliable and accurate record keeping abilities
- Model of pro-active integrity and ethics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet (access required to submit on-line reports)
- Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation